Answering Common Questions
Why Do You Do Tarot/Psychic readings Exclusively By PHONE?
The quick answer, without reading more here about storefront problems is pretty simple:
- To Keep your costs down! A storefront is extremely expensive! Most psychics/tarot readers actually DON'T have storefronts, and the one's that do are the exception, not the rule.
- We prefer to NOT have client's come to our home for our security and because we do not live in a business zone, it also isn't fair to our neighbors.
- Going to a client's home, in a short answer, isn't cost affective for either the client nor for us. The ONE exception we offer is for business consultation where we are evaluating specific energy flow problems in a business, and to be expedient we visit the clientele's space. Also note: we charge a different pricing for business consultations specifically for this service.
We 'get' that folks want to make 'certain' we are psychics and I can't disagree, you want to make sure that if you see a psychic (or call them for a reading) that they are EXACTLY what they say they are: and not be victimized.
Below is the complicated answer:
- A storefront does NOT Guarantee a quality psychic. In fact, just the opposite has been our experience as well as general discussion found through out Google, so I don't feel 'bad' in saying this! Often psychic storefronts (specifically) can be front locations, for illegal activity, or even tax deductions business fronts for lawyers. Also, as you will read, storefront businesses are expensive and usually require severe capital to open, not to mention stay open! This is why most restaurants fail their first year of business, is due to funding capital, not because of the quality of food they offer.
- HONORABLE STOREFRONTS: cost big money. Unless the psychic/psychics in question have the backing of a large group like Edgar Cayce Foundation, Lily Dale, or another non profit, psychics typically (even if they are very good) rarely have publicists to get them marketing (to appearances) to afford a storefront.
- The SBA and other loans for small businesses do NOT fund psychics or even religious businesses. If the business is a non profit, grants are typically not available for religious organization, so setting up a business front becomes the financial responsibility of the psychic/psychics alone. Thereby leading psychics to either work at home, have a very lucrative secondary job, or some other way to come up with very expensive out of pocket costs IF they can find a place that will rent to them!
- Prejudice by Businesses can run psychics, even well known ones out of the area. There is a large problem having a storefront given the first bullet mentioned here, concluding that all psychics are scammers and because of concern, also conclude that 'psychics lower the value worth of the businesses in the area.' Then there are legal issues about being a psychic with a storefront requiring an one going relationship with an attorney, is well, expensive and has to be built into the costs.
- In short, to keep our costs at the same price that it has been for the last 14 years, (our last increase was back in 2000) we prefer to do our work by phone. It also allows us to take calls nationally, that would not happen if we had a business front. AND after 01/06/2015, our prices will be increasing, simply to stay in business.
Psychic Readings/Tarot Readings are about Energy, How can you give me a fair reading by phone?
Often people want 'email readings' or letter readings. We don't offer this service. Why? The simple answer is this:
email for better or worse, FOR US, has not proved to be reliable way to 'feel the energy' of the client. It may be our limitations, but in fairness, we provide only services that have been proven to work FOR US.
For the vast majority of people who do this professionally for a living, the INTENTION of the psychic isn't to rip off client's! Somehow I would hope that when we explain our years of dedication to study, to mentorship, and to providing a professional service (in my case, Mary, since 1979 and Raymond, since 1986), would be indicative of the fact we love what we do, we do it because we have the gifts necessary to do what we do, and genuinely want to ASSIST our clients, not use them!
Are You Ever Wrong?
Despite what TV and Movies present about what we are about, we are NOT MIND READERS. We are every bit as fallible because we are still human! No one is 100% accurate, just as no one is 100% wrong, the concept that anyone could be 100% good/bad, right/wrong, holy/evil, implies not using critical thinking; there are no absolutes.
Often when I am "off" (I am speaking solely for myself, now) a reading will "bomb" for a few reasons, and I have learned since 1979 a few things about myself:
- I don't read when I am ill. If my energy isn't up to 'snuff' neither will be my clarity. I will ask the client to please have Raymond read for them, or reschedule. It is neither fair to the client nor myself to read under severe adverse situations.
- I only give clients what I get. If I fail to see something, I will tell my client that I simply am not getting an answer for the question; I don't lie, embellish, or make up something to please a client.
- GARBAGE IN/GARBAGE OUT. If a client lies to me about what they want information about, or if they try to hide or embellish the truth about a situation, the reading becomes "garbage in/garbage out. OR if a client wants to believe something so badly about themselves/others, their wishful thinking can become what "I see" not perhaps the reality. Which brings me to "futures" NOTHING in the FUTURE is written in stone; our future constantly changes as we make decisions about what we do.
Why Don't You Offer Mediumship, Classes, or Parties?
The name for what these three are seem interchangeable, but they aren't. Psychics CAN be mediums, but not all psychics work in a spiritualist format. Tarot readers can be psychic, and not all psychics read tarot cards! If you want to know more, below is a fuller explanation:
Mediums are trained a very specific form of psychic skills, with specific protocols, set up by spiritualist churches that have national and international associations that have GUIDELINES, FEES, and MEMBERSHIPS involved. That requires apprenticeship hours, rigorous testing, and very specific spiritual beliefs (Christian oriented with Bible reading and references). We honor all faiths, therefore we are simply ourselves, not based on specific school of reading style dictated by others. What we do is uniquely our own, we do research and hours of on going training for what we do. There is much investiture involved.
We are not mediums. Raymond and I often "see" or "hear" guides, angels and others that influences our reading skills, but we do not do readings regarding past relatives, other than to refer to them in a past tense format to explain familial relationships We often have seen departed spirits that have not crossed over, but we are not mediums! Mediums relegate their psychic abilities to only crossed family members, it is their focus. We have known many mediums in our working experience, we'll be happy to give you a referral to one, if they are available in your area, or will refer you to a spiritualist church in your area. When one refers to a spiritualist community in the USA, most often it is referring to LilyDale of NY or Casa Dega, FL. Which was the home of the Fox sisters.
We are Psychics. Being a psychic means that one gets information from either what they 'see', 'hear', 'feel', 'smell' from something other than what is physically available to their eyes, ears, or other external senses. This does not mean that a psychic has skills in tarot cards, pendulum work, chakra balancing or healing, or uses other external tools (including kinetic reading skills). What it means, is that they have developed their ability to perceive energy that's often not seen by others or felt by others. EVERYONE has the ability to use these muscles, once understood how to perceive them. Everyone has psychic ability, it's a talent that can be developed.
Tarot readers. Tarot readers as a title does not mean that the reader is clairvoyant or clairaudient, or
clairsentient. What it can refer to is someone who has BOOK training in tarot card understanding of symbology, and extrapolating what they have learned from research to the cards in usage. This does not mean they are a "BAD" tarot reader. Extraordinary tarot card reader's do exist and can provide very accurate readings based on their years of education, levels of research they have done on the subject in depth, and can provide excellent counsel. But NOT all psychics read tarot cards, or spend the time involved in learning tarot cards, which is an art all by itself.
PARTIES. Many psychics do parties, under limited agreement: 1. there is a 1 hour minimum charge based on an hour reading scheduling, based on the number of clients, we charge for milage and car use, if you are located outside the Eugene, OR area. Please see our pricing page to get more information, or call us.
Classes. We have offered classes in the past, in fact one of the most comprehensive tarot classes available going into history, symbolisms (the history of the symbols used and why), color analysis to the card pulled, Lines and background interpretation (everything on a card is important), Golden Mean (Pythagoras theorem and why it's important to readings) basics of Cabala (everyone has a different way to spell this), and Astrology used in tarot readings. It was expensive, it was exhaustive, and once done, anyone could do professional readings once they have a minimum of 6 months under their belt of a certain number of readings in apprenticeship. If you are interested, you can contact us on this, but you MUST BE SERIOUS ABOUT DOING THE WORK AND COMPLETE THE HOURS.